Monday, August 4, 2008

Can you guess the name of this rock?


If you guessed, "Chimney Rock" then you would be right! This natural rock structure, through no human intervention whatsoever, looks exactly like a....uh....CHIMNEY! Amazing.

The town of Chimney Rock is a charming little touristy town nestled in a lush green valley here in Western North Carolina. It has a bit of a Disney World feel to it, but much smaller and less crowded. For some reason, it is a popular spot for bikers.








We also took a little ride 1/2 a mile down the road to Lake Lure. Looks like a nice place to go swimming - if you enjoy swimming in lakes - but otherwise wasn't terribly fascinating.



3 comments:

Raven said...

Wow.... very cool formation. Looks like a sweet little town and beautiful countryside. I love that last photo. Just beautiful. Glad you are exploring your new North Carolina home.

I Love You,
Aunt Kathie

Anonymous said...

I *certainly* have no idea what other things that rock could possibly resemble.

I enjoy swimming in lakes! I've never gone in Lake Lure. I'll have to do that some time.

Dianne said...

lovely photos, the town looks like a nice place.