Friday, February 9, 2007

Way too soon

A couple of weeks ago, I thought I had made my resume searchable on Dice.com in order to be entered to win a plasma TV. Apparently, it didn't really get updated because Dice.com doesn't work properly with Safari. I had been a little concerned that no one thought I was worth contacting, so this was something of a relief.

Earlier this week, just before the deadline, I used Firefox to re-update my resume. The next morning I was inundated with phone calls and emails from recruiters. Trying to dicuss "what I'm looking for", as though that had any relation to the high tech world, was nearly intolerable. I think I made a sufficiently bad impression on one recruiter when he asked if he caught me at a good time and I replied "Oh yes, I was looking for a good reason to get out of bed this morning since I don't have yoga today." He said he'd get back to me but I haven't heard from him.

I actually went so far as to schedule an appointment with another recruiter. I wrote it in my calendar and everything. Yes, that's right, I said "wrote it" - with a pen. I keep a paper calendar.

Every time my phone rang or an email came in I felt my stomach tie up in a knot. I can't do this. I logged into Dice.com and changed my resume to "Not searchable". What a relief. I had better win that damn TV. Look for it for sale on Craigslist if I do.

Raw Food Dish of the Week - Stuffed mushrooms

This took just a few minutes to make but was filling and delicious. This would be great for a party appetizer. The recipe called for the mushrooms and the filling to be covered in Bragg's Liquid Aminos, but I left that off.

Shitake mushroom caps stuffed with avocado, shallot, tomato, and Celtic sea salt.



Drawing Exercise - Perspective

This exercise is supposed to be practice in recognizing perspective - how objects form angles with each other and the size objects have compared to one another. In case you are wondering why the cat is white, he got up before I was done. but I kind of like it that way anyway.

No comments: