Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I am so weak

Being unemployed isn't as easy as it sounds. Sure, all the free time and relaxation is fabulous. But watching all the money pour out the door while no money is coming in can be terrifying at times.

I panicked. It was a moment of weakness. I updated my resume and sent it off to a recruiter that has been "checking in" with me for two years now. I figured he'd be psyched that I was looking for a job. That was two days ago and I haven't heard a peep out of him. That's fine though because the day after I sent him my resume, I was back to my regular calm self, no longer obsessing over imagined financial problems.

That was to be the point of today's blog, until I sat down to write it and got distracted by an email from Dice.com. Make your resume searchable and win a plasma TV! "Oh, I really ought to do that." So I spent the last hour updating my information on Dice. Forget the fact that I don't even want a TV. I intentionally sold my TV a year ago because it was destroying my life with it's seductive garbage programming.

It's amazing how we welcome any excuse to fall back into our miserable but comfortable old lives. I left my software career because it was destroying me from the inside out. I really don't need to get another job right now. I have plenty of money. "But what if it's not enough??? What if I need more for....for....some...thing I haven't conceived of yet??!!" Uh huh.

Yes, I am incredibly insightful and wise, aren't I? And yet my resume is still searchable on Dice.com and I probably won't remove it. We'll see what happens if/when anyone calls me about a potential job. Pray for me.

Raw food dish of the week - Broccomole with Corn Chips

The broccomole was not very good and got progressively worse with each bite. The chips were awesome.

Broccomole: broccoli, avocado, bell pepper, tomato, lemon juice, chives, agave nectar, and garlic, blended in a food processor.

Corn Chips: frozen corn, ground flax seeds, fresh orange juice, Celtic sea salt, and garlic, blended in a food processor and dehydrated at 105 degrees.

Drawing Exercise - Edges and Contours



This is an exercise from Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain, the chapter on drawing edges and contours. This is the first exercise where I actually had to draw something real. Not too shabby.

No comments: