Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2008 Resolutions - How did I do?

Just about a year ago today, I made my annual list of 5 New Years Resolutions. No point in making them if I don't go back and see whether or not I lived up to them. So, let's take a look...
  1. Chew my food thoroughly - I remembered to do this only intermittently and didn't remember until now that it was a resolution I had made.

  2. Walk my dog twice a week - If you go by a weekly average, then yes. There were 2 months in there where I walked him every day. During the cold weather though, he was lucky if he got even 1 each week. So I didn't really stick to this one either.

  3. Plant a vegetable garden - Yes! I did do this! Of course, I planted it too late and now everything appears to be completely dead, probably from frost. But it still counts!

  4. No more hitting refresh buttons on websites, email, and RSS readers - Oh my goodness, did I really say that? Yeah, didn't stick with that AT ALL. But I am better than I was a year ago. There are only a couple of things that I check compulsively now and I don't exactly do it all day long like I used to.

  5. Travel to 2 new places this year - I don't know. Does Charlotte count? I don't think I can really say I did this. I've been too worried about money to take a real vacation anywhere. I went to New Hampshire last January, which counts, but that's only one new place.

So...wow, terrible. Usually I stick to at least 2. This year I can only say I really stuck to one, and the result of it is a giant outdoor litterbox for the cats (which may also explain why nothing is growing in my garden). I will say though, that with the exception of the 5th resolution, I made significant progress with regard to all of them.

I haven't come up with my resolutions for 2009 though. Maybe I need to aim lower, huh?

1 comment:

Raven said...

I think Charlotte counts. At least you MAKE resolutions. I've given up on that. Less potential for failure that way.

I Love You,
Aunt Kathie