Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2008 New Year's resolutions

It's a new year and my favorite holiday. The day when I like to reassess what is most important to me in the year ahead, and commit it to paper. Or, in this case, to a blog post. So here it goes – my New Year's resolutions for 2008:
  1. Chew my food thoroughly. I eat way too fast. Chewing is the first phase of digestion, and is just as important as the rest.

  2. Walk my dog twice a week. I have finally managed to walk him weekly, and he has a big yard and a dog door, but he really needs and deserves more excitement in his life.

  3. Plant a vegetable garden. There is nothing as delicious as food you grow yourself. And it should save some money too since produce in the mountains seem rather pricey.

  4. No more hitting refresh buttons on websites, email, and RSS readers. It's one thing to check in on my favorite sites. It's quite another to lose hours a day hitting refresh over and over just in case something changed.

  5. Travel to two new places this year. I make this resolution every year. I'm already off to a good start since I flew into New Hampshire late last night.
Have a joyful and prosperous 2008!

2 comments:

Linda Murphy said...

Happy 2008, Diana! I liked your resolutions-especially the chewing food one. I eat entirely too fast-never thought to consider that as a resolution!

Have fun in NH!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!