Thursday, July 12, 2007

Home at long long last



This last month, waiting for this house to be my home, has seemed like an eternity. But even before I got to Asheville, I've been moving from one temporary home to another for well over a year. My last tiny little apartment was temporary - I knew I'd be leaving Seattle, but had to stay for several months because of other commitments. Before then, I was renting a small room in my friend's attic for just the summer, because at the time, I wasn't sure what my plans were.

But even before then, my entire 4 years in Seattle felt so temporary. It was too expensive to buy a house, and Seattle never really felt like home anyway. I always knew I would leave within a few years, I just didn't know where I'd end up.

Asheville is home. And more importantly, my little, beautiful, bright, perfect house is home. I didn't realize how exhausted I was from all this drifting, until I finally stopped.

Raw food dish of the week - Truffles

Yes, they are delicious. This recipe was adapted from Eating Without Heating by the Boutenko kids.



Truffles: Walnuts, figs, young coconut water, cacao powder, and Celtic sea salt.

Topping: Strawberry sauce (strawberries and agave nectar), shredded coconut, cacao powder, or cacao nibs.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Awesome. Congratulations on the house. The truffles look yummy. You will have to make some when you visit next.