Friday, July 20, 2007

The privileges of home ownership



After just one week of proud home ownership, our plumbing backed up into the basement. Yikes. My first inclination, as always, was to go to work, not think about it, and hope that it would heal itself by the time I got home. But reality prevailed and I called a plumber instead.

He said he would roto rooter the sewer line that goes out to the street and that should clear up the problem. That's assuming that we weren't facing the worst-case scenario - a damaged pipe that needs to be ripped up through the driveway and replaced.

So....the plumber will be coming back early next week with a backhoe, some lovely new sewer pipes, and a bill for about $2400. I'm not sure how I'll pay for it, but maybe I'll just not think about it and hope that there is a pile of money waiting for me when the bill comes due.

Raw food dish of the week - Chili Rellenos

Maybe I messed up the recipe somehow, but these were not very good. Edible, but not much flavor. This recipe was taken from Living on Live Foods, which is normally fantastic.



Ingredients: Macadamia nuts, orange, red bell pepper, lemon juice, garlic, and Braggs Liquid Aminos, blended in a food processor, stuffed into red bell peppers, and dehydrated at 105 degrees for 3 hours.

No comments: