Thursday, May 10, 2007

Asheville feels like home



I visited Asheville, NC last week. I had a couple of job interviews, checked out some rentals, and ate a whole lot of the most delicious vegan food ever. Asheville is everything I hoped for and way more. I don't know how they managed to get so much culture into a city of only 70K people. I had such a great time that I totally forgot to take pictures, except for the one above. It's a piece of vegan peanut butter strudel cream pie from a vegetarian restaurant called Rosetta's Kitchen.

I have a short-term rental set up for June 1 and a job offer at a fun, exciting, and forward-thinking web company. The pay is shit, but I think I will be able to go to work every day without wanting to hang myself. Afterall, I'm not relocating all the way across the country just to keep having my soul sucked dry.

Now I have to get myself ready to move: sell my furniture, pack up what I need to take, and donate everything else. I can't seem to make it happen fast enough.

Raw food dish of the week - Pad Thai

I've thought about this dish many times as I passed it by in my recipe book. It just never seemed like it would be anything great. But it was fantastic!



Noodles: Summer squash, mung bean sprouts.

Sauce: Cashew butter, orange juice, Bragg Liquid Aminos, agave nectar, fresh ginger, wild jungle peanuts.

No comments: