Thursday, June 28, 2007

Everything is a cat bed



I spent the better part of last weekend "yard saling", as people call it. And a significant amount of time over the last two weeks obsessively searching craigslist for cheap furniture. It would make much more sense to wait until I close on the house to buy furniture, but I just can't stop myself.

I haven't gone too crazy - I found a coffee table, dresser, floor lamp, wooden inbox, and some tools, and couldn't resist picking up a very nice wooden toy airplane, all for about $50. The cats have wasted no time sitting, bathing, and sleeping on all of it. Gregory even found my toy plane to be a lovely chin scratcher, so I have to keep it in a drawer for now.



None of this is as easy as it sounds, by the way. Here in Asheville, no one posts their garage sales on craigslist - you actually have to drive around and follow the poorly written, poorly placed signs. You can find plenty of furniture on craigslist, but no one responds to email and they don't post their phone numbers.

Raw food dish of the week - Tropical spirulina smoothie



I made this out of desperation and now I can't get enough.

Ingredients: Almond milk (almonds, water, and dates, blended and strained through a nut-milk bag), bananas, cacao powder, and spirulina powder, blended in a vita-mix. It was also good with a little coconut butter thrown in.

No comments: