Tuesday, January 29, 2008

iBook dead....again

My long-time readers may remember that about a year ago this time, my iBook's hard drive failed. From that I learned the lesson, always always back up your data.

Oh wait, no I didn't. Because my iBook just died two nights ago, and still won't restart, and I didn't ever back up anything.

The difference this time is that I no longer have an Apple Store anywhere nearby where I can make a free appointment at the Genius Bar. The other difference this time is that I have no money.

Luckily, my non-attachment runs deep enough at this point that I am not worrying too much about all my emails, photos, documents, receipts, and other data that I may never see again. But hopefully, like last time, a cheap data recovery service will save some of that stuff for me.

Whatever will be, will be.

No comments: