Thursday, April 26, 2007

Happy birthday to me!



Yesterday was my 32nd birthday. I'd had big ideas for a huge birthday bash, but when the time came, I wasn't feeling terribly social. It was a pleasant enough day though. I have no complaints.

The yoga studio I go to gives its clients a free class on their birthday, so I started my day out right with power yoga.

I made the most delicious potato salad ever and the most beautiful birthday cake ever. Although by the time I finished making the cake, I had "tested" so many of the ingredients that I wasn't able to eat any. It made for a great chocolaty breakfast this morning.

I spent the better part of my afternoon and evening working on a PHP application that I started writing earlier this week. Insane, I know. I was looking for some simple information online and it was too hard to find. And I thought, "I could write a program that would pull all this data together much more easily." I've been obsessing over it ever since. What's truly frightening is that I actually find it fun.

What does it mean? What does it mean???!!

Raw food dish of the week - Potato Salad

This would be great for picnics. I think it would go over well with just about anyone - raw, vegan, or otherwise. No, my birthday cake doesn't count as my raw dish of the week because I've made that recipe previously.



Ingredients: jicama, red bell pepper, celery, red onion, green onion, avocado, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, cilantro, cumin, chili powder, fresh dill, Celtic sea salt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you forget potatoes in the ingredient list or does "Potato Salad" not actually contain potatoes? If so, shouldn't this be called "Jicama Salad" instead?

Diana said...

What can I say? The recipe I used was called "Potato Salad". If I called it "Jicama Salad", no one would know what it was supposed to be. Maybe "Potatoless Salad" would be better?